Friday, February 20, 2009

A Storm is Coming



Today was an interesting day. I got off work early because of Mardi Gras, and my LA refund check came in the mail. I promply trotted off to the bank to cash it before my state goes bankrupt too. Almost $200.00, and most of it will go to food preps.


To celebrate reclaiming a portion of my my hard earned dollars, I went to the pub. Fox News was on the TV, and they were talking about worst case scenarios, survivalism, and civil unrest.


It was muted, with subtitles, so as not to disturb the doctors and lawers and accountants who also frequent this watering hole. But there it was. On the TeeVee. And we all know that the box speaks the truth.


When I got home, I happened upon the program through an unrelated e-mail link. I watched a portion I'd missed, with my ex sitting right there. He ridiculed it, of course, but it started an interesting discussion.


"The American people won't overthrow the government a la' French revolution. They are too fat and happy. The French were all starving. Americans might march on the White House, but everyone will forget to bring the torches and pitchforks."


"Babe, the people may be fat, but they ain't happy. If Americans overthrow their government it WON'T be with pitchforks....."


We talked about the economy and I mentioned something about ammo being the new dollar. I think I pissed him off. I tried to apologise; "I'm sorry I talk about this. I know it messes with your world view. I won't talk about it anymore if it makes you feel better. At least you have plenty to trade for food. Those defenses will be worth their weight in gold."


I don't think that made him feel better. He quit talking to me and went to bed. I really don't give a shit at this point. Let his world view be messed with. Maybe he will wake up before it's too late. Maybe he'll just think I've gone off the deep end and be glad to be rid of me. Whatever. All things will be as they must.


But I think I can see something coming that he and a whole lot of sheeple don't want to think about. I can try to warn them, but it really doesn't do any good. Mostly it just upsets them, and makes them stay away from me. I guess that's OK. I can really only fit enough preps in the van for me, myself and I anyway. (and maybe a couple of cat friends)


Batten down the hatches, the revolution idea has gone mainstream.


Mainstream thought to manifestation of reality is a small step.


"Say your name/try to speak as clearly as you can you know/nod your head, just in case they're watching with their shiny satellites/ Tune it out/listen to the shit they pump into your head/filling you with apathy/hold your breath/wait until the time is right/hold your breath/ the end is near." -Nine Inch Nails

11 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that is the way it's going to be for many! No need for us to try and convince them any more...Good luck on your prepping plans.

    Keep on fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I have given up trying to warn....time to hunker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in your boat also. My wife doesn't want to hear about any of it cause it's too much "doom & gloom". Her idea of preppin' is keeping a couple boxes of cake mix in the cupboard. However, I just buy a little here and a little there and stash it away in my shop. She doesn't complain too much about my guns and ammo cause I turn real mean and make her cry when she even mentions them. Been down that road too many times. I remind her she's not the first and she damn well might not be the last.
    YeOldFurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it just astounds me that anyone can be so blind (intentionally). But you're right. Time to hunker. Thanks for dropping by guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Folks' worlds need to be messed with. Ignoring the truth, and retreating to your "happy place" does no one a bit of good. If people would get mad, stand up, scream out, and raise hell, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now! And that would be a great thing...... But you can only beat a dead horse so many times before it's time to move on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post and true

    My wife doesn't get thrilled about me talking about it all the time, but she sees it happening. She is at least behind me. We just bought some land and I've been buying survival stuff like crazy since early last year. I've learned to be "diplomatic" about talking about it and not going overboard. When I see eyes glazing over I shut my trap.

    Those that refuse to see will pay a heavy price in the not to distant future...

    ReplyDelete
  7. THROW THE BUM TO THE CURB .YOU ETHER WITH ME OR AGINAST ME.YOU ARE A STRONG WOMEN WHO HAS NOT DRINKING THE COOLAID. MOST FOLK'S SEE WITH THERE EYE'S WIDE SHUT .THEY HAVE NOT THE FORTATUDE TO SEE THE TRUTH .THEY ARE WEAK AND THE WEAK WILL FALL SURVIVAL OF THE FITIST/SMARTEST IS WELL DOCUMENTED IN NATURE

    ReplyDelete
  8. The storm is coming, Get away from the coast this season. Whatever it takes, get away from the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys. Maddog, I've already given up on him. The blogosphere has helped me see I'm not alone, and I'm not crazy. I AM a survivor, I will do what I need to do, no matter the costs.
    Dragon, I know. My "realistic" plan is head north in fall, but I think that will be too late. I have heard of a 'global coastal event' in spring/summer of 2009. This is absolutely a bad place to be to survive. I'll get out as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a wife and child... my wife barely tolerates my prepping, because we need to "pay down debt" first, etc.

    And she really believes Obama will save us, though she doesn't dare argue with me.

    Luckily, I have one friend who believed me, and is prepping. He has a wife and two kids.

    Some people will say that wife and children are a big boat-anchor around our necks, but we can't very well abandon them! And after all, you have to live for something... children are innocent, and need to be protected.

    I feel very sorry for all the children whose parents are clueless. Can you imagine the tragedies that are possible? I pray everyday that the worst won't happen, but I am not going to feel guilty for trying to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to hear that at least some people with kids are prepping. I feel really sorry for all the innocents that stand to be 'left out in the cold' because of their parent's lack of foresight.
    But I don't feel guilty either. I learned a long time ago that you can't save everyone. And I won't stick around and watch someone I care about destroy himself.
    At least if I can take care of myself, I may be better able to help 'innocents' should they appear to me for help. All we can do is the best we can.

    ReplyDelete